Ford Escort Mk2:
Engine, gearbox and cooling:
– 2000cc Ford OHC (Pinto)
– Engine is built by Montronic
– Heavy duty rally clutch
– Twin 40 Webers with long inlet manifold and Pipercross air filters
– Aluminum RS sump
– 4-2-1 exhaust system
– Aluminum oil catch tank
– Short shift T9 Gearbox
– Aluminum RS bellhouse
– Electric Hardi fuel pump with boot bracket and filters
– Grp4 fabrications large radiator
– Spal electric fan
– Full group 4 reinforced body
– Sandblasted and epoxy painted body
– Body is according to the Ford Boreham works rally preparation guide.
– Aluminum Gartrac tarmac wheel arches and front spoiler
– Gartrac reinforced heavy duty tarmac/gravel cross member with lowered steering rack
– Weld-on strut brace
– Modified gearbox tunnel
– 2x Hella 2000 lights
– Deep dish Suede steering wheel
– 6-link Atlas axle
– 4.6 CWP
– Plated LSD
– Watts linkage
– Axle brace
– Vented brake discs front,
– Mintex race brake pads
– Brake discs rear
– Goodridge steel brakelines
– Adjustable Wilwood bias pedalbox
– Wilwood hydraulic handbrake
Suspension and handling:
– Bilstein coilover front shock absorbers
– Bilstein rear turreted coilover shock absorbers
– Anti-dive kit
– Alu concentric top mounts
– Wiechers bolt-in roll cage according regulations with certificate
– Sparco Corsa seats
– Sabelt 3” 4-point harnesses
– Grp4 fabrications aluminum foam-filled petrol tank
– FIA helmet padding
– Grp4 sump guard
– Spare RS wheels, spare rear lights and some small parts included.
– Car has a Knaf (FIA) Regularity Historic Car Pass document.
– The car is currently in the ‘British Airways’ colors. (Waldegard/Thorszelius, RAC winner 1977).
– Full documentation of restoration is available.
– After restoration (2009-2014), the car was only used in a few regularity events.
– Full history of the car is known (Car was bought new and in the family since 1979)
– Car is located in the Netherlands.